Sunday, October 31, 2010

Welcome to the Donor Relations Guru Blog!

Hello friends and colleagues far and wide!  I have waited quite a long time to make sure all of the pieces fall into place and that my proverbial ducks are in a row before I could join you here on the Donor Relations Guru blog!  First things first, lets get the formalities and housekeeping out of the way.  Yes, I am the SELF appointed donor relations guru, honestly I coined this phrase a couple of years ago and when I needed a website and company name, this seemed like a natural fit.  Naturally, some of you are saying, “What makes her the Guru?”,  my answer is simple and honest. Nothing, I’m just one of the trendsetters and true passionate donor relations professionals out there, therefore I decided to take my thoughts and put them out there.  I have been speaking at conferences and sharing my knowledge since 2007 nationally and now its time to take my thoughts to a broader audience than just those who see me in person at conferences and speaking engagements.  So what’s the point? The point is that I am here to provide resources, state opinions, ponder questions large and small and connect with those in the non profit sector.  Since this is my first post, I thought we could start this journey together and I could describe for you my thoughts and hopes for the future of this space.  First, this is an open forum, feel free to listen, laugh, challenge, debate, think, ask and engage! All are welcome, but let’s keep it as professional and lighthearted as possible.  No topics are off limits as long as they deal with donors, fundraising, donor relations, events, stewardship and recognition.  In the coming iterations of this blog you will see long prophetic discussions of issues, you will meet some of my friends and guest bloggers and also have the opportunity to contribute content yourself.  So sit back, relax and enjoy the read.  Please feel free to leave comments below or email me privately anytime at lynne@donorrelationsguru.com

Cheers,
Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment